The INSPIRE alliance offers a range of opportunities for educational exchange between the partner institutions. Ideas that are currently being pursued include:
Curricular exchange and innovation:
- The establishment of two shared and co-taught Illinois-KTH class-lab-field courses on a) Environment and Society in a Changing Arctic (on location at KTH and in the Arctic) and b) Coral Reef Ecosystems and the history of Scandinavian Colonialism (on location in Caribbean).
- Participation of KTH students in an Illinois-based web course on organic chemistry.
- Joint student competition on Innovation for Smart Cities (i-SC).
- Joint lecture series on Smart cities and Cloud computing.
- Connecting Swedish startups with Illinois students to help with US customers for Swedish technologies and vice versa.
- Participation of KTH students and faculty in Illinois-based Technology Entrepreneurship courses and similarly for Illinois students and faculty in activities organized by the Stockholm School of Entrepreneurship.
- Web based courses in digital cultures and media and communication studies
Reciprocal exchange programs:
- Reciprocal teaching exchange programs outside of existing sabbatical framework.
- Extensive reciprocal undergraduate student exchange on the order of 30-40 students per year.
- Extensive graduate student and post-doctoral student exchange.
- Participation of KTH and Illinois faculty on dissertation committees at partner institution.
Current TARGETED PROGRAMS:
- Exchange with Stockholm University School of Business
- Stockholm Summer Arctic Program
- Speech and Hearing Science Exchange with KI
- MechSE Exchange with KTH - Energy and Sustainability
- Computer Science Exchange with KTH
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Exchange with KTH
- Exchange with Stockholm University School of Law